Jobs | Working with us
Jobs & current vacancies
For a full list of jobs and current vacancies see below.
Working for Against Breast Cancer is a rewarding and challenging experience. If you feel you have the skills and experiences to help us to achieve our ambitions we would be happy to hear from you. Send your CV together with a personalised covering letter to email@example.com
We offer competitive rates of pay and a wide range of benefits.
Sporting & Challenge Events Fundraiser
Against Breast Cancer are a small charity based in Abingdon who raise vital funds for research into secondary spread breast cancer.
Our events team are seeking a full time Sporting & Challenges Fundraiser to join our expanding team. We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate with great administrative skills (which include being a competent user of Excel and databases), good organisational skills, with a very high level of attention to detail. You will be an energetic team player and have an excellent telephone manner.
As Sporting & Challenges Fundraiser you will be responsible for:-
- Supporting the team in the administration of events within the event Programme
- Being the first point of contact for general inquiries from potential supporters
- Supporter contact and relationship management- take them through the supporter journey from initial contact right through to thanking and retention
- Monitoring and compiling reports on participant and financial information to keep events team up to date
- Developing the events calendar removing & adding events to fall in line with Head of Fundraising plans
- Helping to plan, prepare and evaluate the event programme
- Assisting with project planning and marketing of the Breast Walk Ever & Pink Saturday
- Assisting the Special Event Organiser in developing the marketing material in house using adobe packages for sporting & challenge and special events
- Working outside normal hours at weekends & evenings when required, attending the events & assisting in the set up and break down of event equipment which requires manual handling skills
- Monitoring ABCs presence on all external websites
- Building relationships with charity partners
- Being confident with face to face PR & talking to local businesses to promote our Special Events & Sport & Challenges Events
- Researching demographic & geographic information regarding event planning
- Helping to build and manage teams of volunteers where necessary
- Having a basic understanding and use of external event management systems
- Working with suppliers to ensure orders/services are delivered on schedule
- Administering new fundraising pages from sites such as Just Giving and Virgin Money Giving, as well as monitoring other online sites
- Attending relevant training course and seminars which will benefit this role
- Member of Social Media Team being responsible for proactive and reactive posts
If you have these skills and would like the opportunity to work for an innovative and growing charity, then please send your up to date CV along with a covering letter explaining why you should be considered for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applications with a personalised covering letter will be considered.
Full Clean driving licence, own transport and permission to work in the UK is essential.
Salary Circa; £21,500.00 dependant on experience.
Closing date 31 October 2019
Your time is precious. Would you give some of it to Against Breast Cancer?
You can work in our main fundraising office in Abingdon, Oxfordshire and / or help out at one of our fundraising events Use your passion or hobby – get involved with like-minded people in your area.
Be part of our events support team and help us at events around the country
Why volunteer for Against Breast Cancer? You can make a real difference to our potentially lifesaving breast cancer research by giving us some of your time, skills and experience. There are many ways you can help, learn new skills, make new friends and have fun at the same time!
Job hunting? If you are between jobs you can keep active and have something for your CV
Retired or winding down? Open a new chapter in your life by making good use of your knowledge and expertise
Are you a student? Learn new skills, start building you CV and gain valuable work experience
Extra time to spare? You can help with fundraising, IT, marketing, events, and general office administration…whatever you do, you can make a valuable contribution.
Contact us today to find out how you can help. We look forward to hearing from you!
Contact us about volunteering opportunities