Jobs | Working with us
Working with us is a rewarding and challenging experience. If you feel you have the skills and experiences to help us to achieve our ambitions we would be happy to hear from you.
In return we offer competitive rates of pay and a wide range of benefits.
Are you a positive and results-driven professional with a track record in fundraising, sales or marketing?
The candidate we are looking for will be. As a key member of our small fundraising team, reporting directly to our Corporate Partnerships Manager, you will be determined and able to make a difference in the battle against breast cancer.
Experience in the charity sector is desirable but not essential. You will be prepared to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment. A strategic thinker, you will be able to demonstrate an ability to identify new and develop existing partnerships.
You will be creative, adaptable and able to maintain excellent communication skills whilst managing multiple calls on your time.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, generous annual leave and career development.
You must have a full UK driving licence at the time of application and the position will require some unsocial and out of hours working. In return we offer a flexible working environment in which you can thrive.
Main purpose of job:
- To generate fundraising income from corporate partners. The post holder will be responsible for identifying and recruiting new corporate partners alongside developing existing relationships.
Key result areas/key tasks/main duties:
- Responsible for identifying, prospecting and growing corporate relationships, working closely with other members of the Fundraising & Marketing teams.
- Work with the Corporate Partnerships Manager to manage the corporate fundraising function including attending any necessary meetings and working on budgets and expenditure, on their behalf.
- Assist the Corporate Partnerships Manager with flagship campaigns and events. Growing corporate sponsorship, media coverage and attendance.
- To represent Against Breast Cancer to potential and existing corporate supporters; including making presentations and pitches for all corporates.
- Produce partnership proposals and sponsorship offerings. Brief and involve other Against Breast Cancer personnel, when appropriate, on any issues relating to Corporate Fundraising, so that workloads and their involvement can be managed accordingly. This may also involve working with or supervising volunteers.
- Be responsible for maintaining computerised records on current, former and potential corporate partners and individuals, using Progress and Microsoft Office software in accordance with the fundraising team guidelines.
- Research our competitors; their partners, campaigns and ambassadors.
- Assist in the co-ordination of and attend events for corporate supporters.
- Work with PR, outside agencies and consultancies where appropriate.
- Create materials and information along with the Corporate Partnerships Manager for corporate partners, to help build up a corporate package that can be used to secure new sources of support.
- Work with the Marketing and PR team to help update, manage and maintain the corporate web pages. This may involve preparing copy for use on the relevant pages.
- Work in partnership with the communications support person in order to ensure that publication and related deadlines are met.
- Be a positive role model for fundraising and other staff, in terms of efficiency and effectiveness.
This is a new role within the charity and will be reviewed on a regular basis to enable efficient management of the work load and ensure budgets and targets are being met.
- Confident, driven, enthusiastic person who considers themselves a motivated self-starter.
- Innovative thinker who can not only work in the present but plan for growth.
- Ability to write and deliver 3 year corporate plan based on new business development.
- Manage and adhere to budgets.
- Ability to present to their peers, business professionals and large audiences on the charity, our research and the scope for CSR involvement.
- Must have corporate fundraising experience; other fundraising experience an additional benefit.
- Proven track record in partnership acquisition.
- Seasoned networker.
- Ability to use all standard computer software; Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Excellent level of literacy and numeracy.
- Competent user of social media.
- Knowledge of charitable databases.
- Full clean UK driving licence and own car.
- Ability to work flexible hours (some weekend and evening work will be required. A TOIL policy is in place for this purpose).
Your time is precious. Would you give some of it to Against Breast Cancer?
You can work in our main fundraising office in Abingdon, Oxfordshire and / or help out at one of our fundraising events Use your passion or hobby – get involved with like-minded people in your area.
Be part of our events support team and help us at events around the country
Why volunteer for Against Breast Cancer? You can make a real difference to our potentially lifesaving breast cancer research by giving us some of your time, skills and experience. There are many ways you can help, learn new skills, make new friends and have fun at the same time!
Job hunting? If you are between jobs you can keep active and have something for your CV
Retired or winding down? Open a new chapter in your life by making good use of your knowledge and expertise
Are you a student? Learn new skills, start building you CV and gain valuable work experience
Extra time to spare? You can help with fundraising, IT, marketing, events, and general office administration…whatever you do, you can make a valuable contribution
Contact us today to find out how you can help. We look forward to hearing from you!