Jobs | Working with us
Jobs & current vacancies
For a full list of jobs and current vacancies see below.
Working for Against Breast Cancer is a rewarding and challenging experience. If you feel you have the skills and experiences to help us to achieve our ambitions we would be happy to hear from you. Send your CV together with a personalised covering letter to email@example.com
We offer competitive rates of pay and a wide range of benefits.
Social Media Coordinator
An Exciting opportunity has arisen for a part time (3 days a week) Social Media Coordinator to join our Communications team. This role has huge scope/opportunity to develop for the right candidate.
You must have an excellent handle on the English language and ability to adapt your tone of voice to the medium. Experience in editing photos and videos and creating graphics desirable but not essential as full training will be given.
We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate with great organisational skills and a very high level of attention to detail. You will be an energetic team player who can work to tight deadlines, think on their feet and enjoy being creative and thinking outside the box whilst working within brand guidelines.
You will need to be Educated to A Level in English (minimum grade C) or equivalent qualification.
As Social Media Coordinator you will be responsible for-
- Creating social media graphics, videos & GIFS
- Scheduling posts and campaigns
- Organising the social media calendar with relevant dates for promoting the charity’s work, merchandise, ways to engage and other events (examples are national and international days/weeks/months as well as charity and breast cancer specific dates) requesting content from each department where applicable
- Engaging with supporters on social media including answering queries & complaints, enlisting other team members where necessary
- Producing reports on social media activity including post and campaign performance & comparison analysis.
- Producing creative and engaging campaigns and posts including quizzes and surveys
- Keeping abreast of current trends, ‘competitor’ behaviour and the charity sector as a whole
- Responsible for organising all assets in social media marketing folder so they are available to staff
If you have these skills and would like the opportunity to work for an innovative and growing charity, then please send your up to date CV along with a covering letter explaining why you should be considered for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have created graphics and/or other assets for social media marketing previously, please include examples of your work.
Only applications with a personalised covering letter will be considered.
Full Clean driving licence, own transport and permission to work in the UK is essential.
Salary Circa; £22,000 to £25,000 pro rata dependant on experience.
Closing date 2nd March 2020
Your time is precious. Would you give some of it to Against Breast Cancer?
You can work in our main fundraising office in Abingdon, Oxfordshire and / or help out at one of our fundraising events Use your passion or hobby – get involved with like-minded people in your area.
Be part of our events support team and help us at events around the country
Why volunteer for Against Breast Cancer? You can make a real difference to our potentially lifesaving breast cancer research by giving us some of your time, skills and experience. There are many ways you can help, learn new skills, make new friends and have fun at the same time!
Job hunting? If you are between jobs you can keep active and have something for your CV
Retired or winding down? Open a new chapter in your life by making good use of your knowledge and expertise
Are you a student? Learn new skills, start building you CV and gain valuable work experience
Extra time to spare? You can help with fundraising, IT, marketing, events, and general office administration…whatever you do, you can make a valuable contribution.
Contact us today to find out how you can help. We look forward to hearing from you!
Contact us about volunteering opportunities