Jobs | Working with us
Jobs & current vacancies
For a full list of jobs and current vacancies see below.
Working for Against Breast Cancer is a rewarding and challenging experience. If you feel you have the skills and experiences to help us to achieve our ambitions we would be happy to hear from you. Send your CV together with a personalised covering letter to email@example.com
We offer competitive rates of pay and a wide range of benefits.
Your time is precious. Would you give some of it to Against Breast Cancer?
You can work in our main fundraising office in Abingdon, Oxfordshire and / or help out at one of our fundraising events Use your passion or hobby – get involved with like-minded people in your area.
Be part of our events support team and help us at events around the country
Why volunteer for Against Breast Cancer? You can make a real difference to our potentially lifesaving breast cancer research by giving us some of your time, skills and experience. There are many ways you can help, learn new skills, make new friends and have fun at the same time!
Job hunting? If you are between jobs you can keep active and have something for your CV
Retired or winding down? Open a new chapter in your life by making good use of your knowledge and expertise
Are you a student? Learn new skills, start building you CV and gain valuable work experience
Extra time to spare? You can help with fundraising, IT, marketing, events, and general office administration…whatever you do, you can make a valuable contribution
Contact us today to find out how you can help. We look forward to hearing from you!
Events Fundraising Support
Our Events team are seeking a part time Events Fundraising Support to join our expanding team. We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate with great administrative skills (which include being a competent user of Excel and databases), good organisational skills, with a very high level of attention to detail. You will be a team player and have an excellent telephone manner.
As Events Fundraising Support you will be responsible for:-
- Supporting the team in the administration of events within the Event Programme
- Being the first point of contact for general inquiries from potential supporters
- Supporter contact and relationship management- take them through the supporter journey from initial contact right through to TQ and retention
- Monitoring and compiling reports on participant and financial information to keep events team up to date
- Assisting with project planning and carrying out associated administrative tasks such as maintenance of participant database
- Working outside normal hours at weekends & evenings when required, attending the events & assisting in the set up and break down of event equipment which requires manual handling skills
- Having basic understanding and use of external event management systems
- Working with suppliers to ensure orders/services are delivered on schedule
- Administering new fundraising pages from sites such as Just Giving and Virgin Money Giving, as well as monitoring other online sites
- Attending relevant training course and seminars which will benefit this role
If you have these skills and would like the opportunity to work for an innovative and growing charity then please send your up to date CV along with a covering letter explaining why you should be considered for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applications with a personalised covering letter will be considered.
You will be required to work 21 hours per week.
Full Clean driving licence, own transport and permission to work in the UK is essential.
Salary Circa; £19,000.00 pro rata dependant on experience.
Closing date 16 November 2018