Jobs | Working with us
Jobs & current vacancies
For a full list of jobs and current vacancies see below.
Working for Against Breast Cancer is a rewarding and challenging experience. If you feel you have the skills and experiences to help us to achieve our ambitions we would be happy to hear from you. Send your CV together with a personalised covering letter to email@example.com
We offer competitive rates of pay and a wide range of benefits.
Corporate Business Development Officer
Against Breast Cancer are seeking a full time Corporate Business Development Officer to join our expanding team.
You must have experience in writing, delivering pitches and presentations. Corporate fundraising experience desired but not essential. We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate with stong administrative skills (which include being a competent user of Excel and databases), good organisational skills, with a very high level of attention to detail. You will be an energetic team player, have an excellent telephone manner and face to face communication skills.
As Corporate Business Development Officer you will be responsible for:-
- Account managing new Corporate Fundraising sourced from the whole team and individually. Be responsible for identifying, prospecting and growing corporate relationships, working closely with other members of the Fundraising & Marketing teams. Increasing corporate participation in Sport and Challenge events
- Identifying, researching and approaching potential corporate partners to establish long and short term partnerships
- Ensuring that each relationship is managed and developed to maximise its full potential, across a range of corporate fundraising offers.
- Representing Against Breast Cancer to potential and existing corporate supporters; including making presentations and pitches and where appropriate, to facilitate senior level involvement.
- Producing partnership proposals and sponsorship offerings. Brief and involve other Against Breast Cancer personnel, when appropriate, on any issues relating to Corporate Fundraising, so that workloads and their involvement can be managed accordingly. This may also involve working with or supervising volunteers.
- Being responsible for maintaining computerised records on current, former and potential corporate partners and individuals, using Dynamics, the Corporate Database and Microsoft Office software in accordance with the fundraising team guidelines.
- Being aware of and seek out new corporate developments that could help generate strategies and links with potential corporate partners & increase funding from existing donors.
- Researching our competitors; their partners, campaigns and ambassadors.
- Creating materials and information along with the Head of Fundraising for corporate partners, to help build up a corporate package that can be used to secure new sources of support.
- Working with the Marketing and PR team to help update, manage and maintain the corporate web pages. This may involve preparing copy for use on the relevant pages.
- Working in partnership with Head of Fundraising in order to ensure that publication and related deadlines are met.
- Seeking funding and sponsorship for other purposes as requested.
- Keeping abreast of current trends, competitor behaviour and the charity sector as a whole
- Being a positive role model for fundraising and other staff, in terms of efficiency and effectiveness.
- Showing initiative in developing this role.
- Ability to work flexible hours (some weekend and evening work will be required)
- This is an outfacing role and travelling to and from meetings etc., will be an intricate part of it
If you have these skills and would like the opportunity to work for an innovative and growing charity, then please send your up to date CV along with a covering letter explaining why you should be considered for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applications with a personalised covering letter will be considered.
Full Clean driving licence, own transport and permission to work in the UK is essential.
Salary Circa; £24,000 to £27,000 dependant on experience.
Closing date 13th January 2020 extended to 31st January 2020
Your time is precious. Would you give some of it to Against Breast Cancer?
You can work in our main fundraising office in Abingdon, Oxfordshire and / or help out at one of our fundraising events Use your passion or hobby – get involved with like-minded people in your area.
Be part of our events support team and help us at events around the country
Why volunteer for Against Breast Cancer? You can make a real difference to our potentially lifesaving breast cancer research by giving us some of your time, skills and experience. There are many ways you can help, learn new skills, make new friends and have fun at the same time!
Job hunting? If you are between jobs you can keep active and have something for your CV
Retired or winding down? Open a new chapter in your life by making good use of your knowledge and expertise
Are you a student? Learn new skills, start building you CV and gain valuable work experience
Extra time to spare? You can help with fundraising, IT, marketing, events, and general office administration…whatever you do, you can make a valuable contribution.
Contact us today to find out how you can help. We look forward to hearing from you!
Contact us about volunteering opportunities