This year has flipped the world of events on its head. With live events no longer being able to take place due to the effects of COVID-19, virtual sports events are now the ‘new normal’.
From virtual 10k’s, half marathons, cycling or even skateboarding, there is a virtual event out there for everyone this year and we don’t want you to miss out!Get your fundraising pack
Why take part in a virtual sports event?
Virtual sports events provide you with a whole new experience. An opportunity to try something new by taking that leap into the forever changing digital world.
The positives for taking part in a virtual event are endless. Here are some reasons why a virtual event might just be for you…
- Flexibility – Larger time frame to complete the event, some events you can complete over a period of a month!
- Sustainable – No travel
- Cost Effective – Deducted entry fees or are free!
- Inclusive – Events are tailored to a wider audience.
- Social Distanced – A safe environment, as you have the flexibility to choose your event location.
How to fundraise for a virtual sports event?
The first step to fundraising for a virtual event is to set up your online JustGiving Page. Remember to share your page across all your social media platforms, with friends and family and add an eye catching picture alongside your target and reason why you are supporting Against Breast Cancer.
Fundraising for a virtual event allows you to think outside the box for new ideas. As a charity, we looked into new ways to fundraise from home such as a virtual quiz night or having a spring clear out, and are now encouraging fundraisers to get creative as everyone starts to head back into their office environment – Why not host a Breast Tea Ever?
It may be your birthday coming up, the perfect time to ask for generous donations towards vital research into secondary spread. Or did you want to hold a small social gathering in your back garden, perhaps a BBQ fundraiser?
There are numerous ways you can fundraise, and we will be here to support you with any fundraising materials, advice or top training tips, just like a live event. For any questions email email@example.com.
So, which virtual sports events can you get involved in this year?
- Virtual Great North Run – 13th September 2020
- Virtual Oxford Half Marathon – 10th October 2020
- Brighton Marathon, The Edit – 11th October 2020
- Edinburgh Marathon Festival Virtual Challenge – Before the 31st December 2020
- Virtual London Marathon – 4th October 2020 email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about places onto this event.