Take part in the most fantastic Everest Base Camp Trek – to the foot of Everest, the world’s highest mountain, and if you have enough energy, to summit Kala Patthar (5,545m) – a mountain located near Everest Base Camp giving you the BEST views of this majestic peak.
This world renowned classic trek takes you from Lukla through the world’s highest mountain range and encompasses the most breathtaking mountain scenery ever imaginable. You haven’t seen mountains until you’ve seen the Himalayas!
Eight of the world’s fourteen highest peaks are found in the Nepalese Himalaya and the memories of this challenge will last a lifetime. You’ll be privileged with some amazing views of Everest (8,848m), Lhotse (8,511m), Nuptse (7,879m), Ama Dablam (6,856m) and Thamserku (6,623m). The list of peaks goes on. It’s pure Himalayan magic!
Your trekking itinerary has been designed to maximise our chances of success, and the trekking is taken at a measured pace in order for you to acclimatise sufficiently. The support from local guides and crew is simply the best around, having traditional Sherpas form part of our crew simply adds to this amazing life experience.
Words cannot describe the true feelings you will experience on this challenge; the sights of Buddhism and Hinduism surround you making this the ultimate trek in challenge events – a truly spiritual and humbling experience.
Everest Base Camp facts
- The first men known to reach the Everest Base Camp were Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay in 1953, before they successfully scaled Everest itself.
- You can’t see Everest from base camp but there are plenty of stunning views along the route.
- Rare species of birds can be found in the area, including Himalayan Monal, Red-Billed Cough and also Blood Pheasant.
- There is 50% less oxygen at base camp than at sea level, making acclimatisation essential.
- Supplies have to be delivered on the route by porters, yaks or mules. There are no roads and helicopters are too expensive for most businesses. Therefore, be prepared to pay more the higher you go.
- Raising minimum sponsorship: Registration fee £399 + £4320 minimum sponsorship
- Self-Funded: registration fee £399 + £2160 self-funding and raise as much sponsorship as you can
- Please note: an additional £250 airport tax applies to each of the above cost options
4-21 November 2021
10-27 March 2022
10-27 November 2022