The Against Breast Cancer Achievement Awards were held on 7th September at the multi-award winning Hilton in Reading.
Celebrating the successes and achievements of people both young and old who have demonstrated a passion and a commitment to helping others either in the home, community or workplace, we were delighted to meet and celebrate with the winners.
With hundreds of nominees from all over the country to choose from, each with their inspirational story to tell, our judging panel were given the incredibly hard task of selecting a shortlist from which the following winners were chosen;
- Fundraiser of the Year: Aftab Malik
- Charity of the Year: Sebastians Action Trust
- Local Hero: Sharon Jhheent
- Health Worker of the Year: Becky Bufton
- School of the Year: Fitzwaryn School
- Sports Person of the Year: Andy Vandenberg
- Company of the Year: H2O & Ruby Rose
- The Bradley Lowery Courage Award: Sophie Smith
- Young Achiever of the Year: Adriano Matousek
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Trish Wagstaff
Reading born actor, producer and charity supporter, Winston Ellis hosted the evening and explained “I was so proud to host the Achievement Awards. The event this year was held in my home town of Reading. I was lucky enough to be nominated last year for their Lifetime Achievement Award and was honoured to meet all the nominees and winners this year and present them with their awards.”
In excess of £30,000 was raised on the night, so thanks must go to our generous sponsors; NEXT, Jequier Newitts Insurance Brokers, TripAdvisor & Brayborne Facilities Services, part of the Exclusive Services Group and to everyone for their support without whom the event would not have been possible.
Most of all, our thanks go to everyone who was nominated for an award, it was an pleasure to meet them and to share their stories with the wider public.