We are delighted to announce that this year we are going to take part in the Big Give Christmas Challenge. The Big Give is the UK’s biggest matched funder and every year they run a Christmas Challenge for charities, helping them to raise money for important projects.
Last year, thanks to generous supporters like you, the campaign raised over £20 million for participating charities. This year we want to be one of them but we need your help.
The funds raised by the #abcbiggive Christmas Challenge will go towards our Bio Bank project. The Bio Bank is a collection of biological samples from over 3000 women with breast cancer, who were monitored over a 5 year period after diagnosis. With this collection of samples, researchers aim to learn more about cancer biomarkers to help identify secondary spread earlier. This work will increase our understanding of secondary spread breast cancer and the biobank samples could help develop and validate secondary cancer detection kits.
So, to help fund this we have applied and hope to be selected by the Big Give to receive funds from a Christmas Champion but we need your help. Here’s how the campaign works.
- The Christmas Challenge is a match funding campaign taking place for a week from the 30th November 2021 – 7th December 2021.
- In this week, the Big Give helps charities to raise money through the Christmas Challenge with a fundraising campaign.
- Funds raised in the Christmas Challenge week are doubled by matched giving with monies pledged by the charities supporters and the Big Give Christmas Champions.
- We need to find our vital Pledgers so we can be a part of the Big Give Christmas Challenge.
Can you help us and pledge to be part of the #biggivechristmas story?
What is a pledger?
- A pledge is a promise of match funding to the charity to help us take part in the Christmas Challenge.
- You will not be asked to give more than your pledged amount.
- Pledge now and donate after the funding campaign has finished (7th December) and before the pledge deadline (14th January 2022).
- Pledgers should not make an online donation to the charity to which they have provided the pledge during the match funding campaign.
Why are pledgers important?
- Your pledge of funding means someone else’s donation has twice the impact and is likely to encourage them to support the campaign.
- If we secure enough pledgers a Big Give Champion may select us and help us secure even more funds.
- Pledgers support means more backing for our Bio Bank project and the work of Against Breast Cancer researchers.
One Donation – Double the Impact
Pledgers are a vital part of the campaign and help us to make sure donations have double the impact. To find out more about how you can support Against Breast Cancer with the Big Give Christmas Challenge, get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01235 534211. Our Pledger form can be found on the Big Give Website. Pledgers must be registered by 27th August 2021.
The Big Give Christmas Challenge 2021 runs from 12pm 30th November 2021 – 12pm 7th December 2021.