Conquer the breadth of Britain with a Coast to Coast cycle ride and raise funds for vital breast cancer research!
Starting with back tyres dipped in the Irish Sea in the seaside town of Whitehaven, this cycle challenge encompasses some of the best scenery Britain has to offer as you tackle the tough 143-mile ride to Tynemouth.
Your route takes in long, steep climbs over some of the highest passes in the Lake District before some equally impressive descents that will really blow the cobwebs away.
You will pass woodland and pine forests, lakes and streams and moorland quilted with purple heather. From the stunning mountains of the Lake District to the beautiful open moors of the Northern Pennines.
Coast to Coast Cycle Itinerary
- Day 1: Meet in Whitehaven before an evening meal and a challenge briefing.
- Day 2: Whitehaven to Allenheads – Set off early morning from the waterfront in Whitehaven. The C2C sculpture marks the start of the epic challenge across northern Britain! Begin the ride taking local back-roads before passing through the Lake District National Park. Cycling distance – approx. 88 miles
- Day 3: Allenheads to Tynemouth – After steep climbs to Rookhope and Parkhead, descend towards the North Sea, crossing some beautiful open moors along the Waskerley Way down to Consett. The route then passes into Newcastle, and follows the River Tyne to the finish line at Tynemouth. Cycling distance – approx. 55 miles
- Option A: Registration fee: £95 + £950 minimum sponsorship
- Option B: Registration fee: £95 + £475 self funding + raise as much sponsorship as you can
4-6 August 2023
Sign UpSign Up Aug '23