If trekking Ben Nevis isn’t enough, then why not climb it under torch light and the night sky? The Ben Nevis Midnight Trek conquers the tallest mountain in the UK – in the dark.
You will be the zig-zagging route and summit the mountain in time to see a stunning sunrise – weather permitting – across the Scottish Highlands. The trek will start at around 10pm or 11pm, and you will complete the descent in time for a hearty breakfast.
Your trail to the summit is not technically difficult, but trekking will be strenuous. You’ll be accompanied by experienced mountain leaders who will support you every step of the work, and the memories made will last a lifetime. And all for breast cancer research.
Ben Nevis Facts
- Ben Nevis is 1,344 metres high, or 4,409 feet.
- It was first ascended by James Robertson in 1771.
- The name Ben Nevis is derived from the Gaelic ‘Beinn Nibheis‘, reported to mean ‘Mountain of Heaven’ or ‘Venemous Mountain’.
- The peak of Ben Nevis is the collapsed dome of an ancient volcano that imploded millions of years ago.
- Cars, beds and organ are among the strange items that have been taken to the summit.
Option A; Registration Fee £49 + Min Sponsorship £290
Option B; Registration Fee £49 + Self Funding £145 + raise as much sponsorship as you can
Option A; Registration Fee £65 + Min Sponsorship £290
Option B; Registration Fee £65 + Self Funding £145 + raise as much sponsorship as you can
3-4 September 2022
19-20 August 2023
Sign UpSign Up Sep '22 Sign Up Aug '23
The Ben Nevis Midnight Trek takes place every year and is one of the many walks and treks that we offer. For more information, please visit the Global Adventure Challenges website or contact our events team.