If trekking Ben Nevis isn’t enough, then why not climb it under torchlight and the night sky? The Ben Nevis at Night Trek conquers the tallest mountain in the UK – in the dark.
You will be zig-zagging route and summit the mountain in time to see a stunning sunrise – weather permitting – across the Scottish Highlands. The trek will start at around 10pm or 11pm, and you will complete the descent in time for a hearty breakfast.
Your trail to the summit is not technically difficult, but trekking will be strenuous. You’ll be accompanied by experienced mountain leaders who will support you every step of the work, and the memories made will last a lifetime. And all for breast cancer research.
Ben Nevis Facts
- Ben Nevis is 1,344 metres high, or 4,409 feet.
- It was first ascended by James Robertson in 1771.
- The name Ben Nevis is derived from the Gaelic ‘Beinn Nibheis‘, reported to mean ‘Mountain of Heaven’ or ‘Venemous Mountain’.
- The peak of Ben Nevis is the collapsed dome of an ancient volcano that imploded millions of years ago.
- Cars, beds and organs are among the strange items that have been taken to the summit.
- 31 August-1 September 2024
- Option A; Registration Fee £65 + Min Sponsorship £290
- Option B; Registration Fee £65 + Self Funding £145 + raise as much sponsorship as you can
The Ben Nevis at Night Trek takes place every year and is one of the many walks and treks that we offer. For more information, please visit the Global Adventure Challenges website or contact our events team.